5.10.2007

this is a brand new low.

I'm now forced in to an awkward situation. I have to decide whether my principles are worth me no longer watching entourage.

This will be exceedingly complex to negotiate.

Rebranding Digital Rights Management as Digital Consumer Enablement is similar to selling suicide as a means to 'Take back Control of your life!' Add to the already insulting suggestion the comment that 'CTO Bob Zitter says DRM is a misnomer, because the technology "allows consumers "to use content in ways they haven't before."'

So, only being able to watch it at the time, or via the devices pre-approved by the network is a form of 'enablement' for the consumer...

I really didn't expect to wake up today and have to hate HBO.

[edit: forgot to thank Consumerist for the link, and the quote.]

No comments: