11.13.2008

leveraging boredom.

I bought an app on my iPhone yesterday specifically because I was bored.  This does not bode well.


The app is excellent, a lot of fun, and worth the $4.99.  I love tower defence games, so Fieldrunners was a logical choice.  But I wouldn't have purchased it from store shelves, or bought it online from my Mac at home.

I bought it specifically because if the mobile app store, because my credit card information is already stored there, and because I didn't have anything specific to do at that time.

Apple has created a system where spending 5 bucks because I'm bored has nearly no barriers.

This is both powerful, and dangerous.

1 comment:

Marge said...

Ubiquitous computing is a fascinating subject, and one on a group presentation I just made this week. Thesis ideas abound.