4.02.2007

i am fully impressed.

I don't know that anyone outside of Toronto has been covering this, but it is by far one of the most effective forms of activism I've seen in recent memory. When I say effective, I mean that it is notable, interesting, below the irritation threshold, and gathering wider media attention. While there are been some debate about the numbers, it manages to inform, and to cause interaction with both the issue and information around it.

Go ahead, tell me a hundred people yelling in Nathan Phillips Square would have been better.

This is the kind of thing I was rambling about, both in Ground War, and the Fixing Protest posts. Dissent is Advertising. Why not have talented graphic designers working on your solutions rather than just asking them to create a new logo for your sign or site?

This day just keeps getting better, I swear.

No comments: