3.20.2007

does no one oversee things like this?

I was scrolling through my rss items, and I cannot avoid commenting on this. Click it, trust me.

Can someone out there explain to me the logic of a campaign for Harley Davidson, which, at least in the experience of someone who has lived not too far from a dealership, is catering to a market of not-that-young people, other than a dedicated biker niche, that basically advocates statutory rape on a trip?

Look closely, those are goddamn army of pregnant grade 10 girls. Which is uncomfortable to say the least, because all I'm thinking about at the time is the middle aged retiree trying to buy back his youth (the Harley dealership I lived near is in deepest suburbia) with a sweet motorcycle and the virginity of an impressionable young girl. Horrifying.

Is this some kind of trend in our society these days? The conquest of the high school student by a very likely older individual? Because it seems like it, if you watch the news.

I guess the real question, other than 'oh-please-god-let-this-be-fake' is who greenlit this? Who looked at this and thought 'yep, knocked up high school girls. THIS'll sell some bikes.'?

Less baffled post coming later today, is the plan.